Sunday, September 18, 2011

my heart is full


I was having a conversation with three loving friends (that live in my computer!) yesterday.  We were talking  about our class we took with Misty Mawn this past January.  I didn't realize there was a void in me that became filled with the wonderful friendships I have made through this adventure.  A lot of us will meet for the first time at Artfest in 2012.  We are sharing a house and are taking a class with our amazing teacher Misty Mawn.  The only way I could be more excited is if Joanne, Kristin, Linda, Michele and Manon were coming.  I am sure it will be a trip of a lifetime for me.  There are girls coming from the U.K., Canada and all over the U.S.  The only two people  I know (in real life!) are Jodi and Ilene.  Hmmmmm.......maybe this is why I have gained weight!  I am overfilled with love and joy!  Thank you girls, I look forward to chatting with you each and every day. We are all still together as we take Katie Kendrick's Layered Impressions class.  My life is really blessed right now.  xo 


We cannot tell the precise moment when a friendship is formed.
As in filling a vessel, drop by drop, at last there is a drop which makes the heart run over.
                                                                                                                      James Boswell



I am grateful for my old and new friendships.  What are you grateful for?  xo


17 comments:

Jennifer Valentine said...

I am so grateful for YOU.
xoxox

dellerd said...

I am grateful that I am going to be meeting you soon because I know how much your friends mean to you....I am so looking forward to this time. Again I want to say how very lucky you are to be going to this very special place where you are going to meet ladies that you did art with....this is going to be so much fun for you and everyone!!! No wonder your heart is full!! xo

joanne said...

friends open up worlds inside of us we didn't even know existed until we met them...

another heartfelt, beautiful and tender post...

i am grateful for the words, and the heart underneath them :)

jodi said...

I am thankful for you my friend. You helped through a very difficult time in my life and are still my cheerleader! You love me warts and all and look past my broken down gate to admire the flowers in my window. You make me laugh out loud! You help me to relax and enjoy life more. Love you!

Petie said...

Friendship is such an opening experience, sort of like painting with your non dominate hand. I'm so grateful for all of you and how much you mean to me. Artfest is going to be such an emotional experience and I just wish that we could all be there!! Love you. <3

Pilgrim said...

I am grateful for a network of artists who are so loving and giving.

Taryn Kae Wilson said...

Hi Carlanda!
I'm grateful for our friendship! And I'm grateful you left a comment on my blog. I haven't been reading other blogs lately, because I've hardly had computer time (except to write a quick post here and there), so I'm happy to pop by your blog and say hello.

Love to you!
Taryn

Becca said...

I love this post, and that piece with the heart is so beautiful! Also, I love what you are doing with the faces. I love Misty's artwork too!

Kristin said...

How am I grateful?...let me count the ways...
But Im grateful for Art and all of you wonderful peeps Im meeting and FRIENDS Im making whom truly touch my heART in more ways than you know...
You're a special bunch...
Im sorry that I wont be at Artfest...maybe 2013???
Cheers to "Friendships"...near and far :-)xoxo

Danee said...

It is amazing how we can meet women online and actually become good friends. I read about that in Artful Blogging and I thought "Right!" but it is true. I have found sometimes the most innocent interactions lead to something really meaningful. Grateful: I'm grateful for my family, my kids, and my creative friends.

Emily said...

YOU YOU YOU!

danielle daniel said...

Hi Carlanda,

I'm totally excited and grateful for the experience we are all going to have at ARTfest. I'm counting down the days... Can't wait to meet you in such a magical place! Have a great weekend. xo

manomij said...

You just made me have tears in my eyes and I so wished I was coming!!!I am really busy getting some art stuff ready to sell so when there is another opportunity to get together with you girls I am able to come. I have loved every minute of having met you lot!!! My little studio is never dull as you all come alive on my computer while I am sat painting!
It is wonderful knowing you!!!Thank you for being my friend!

Big hug
ManonXxxx

Teddi said...

lovely art piece! i agree that old & new friendships are wonderful. :)
http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

Carol Hawthorne said...

I'm grateful in meeting you :)

Riki Schumacher said...

Holly, what a beautiful post. The retreats are such a wonderful way to form friendships, I totally agree! And thank you so much for posting my button for e-workshops, really appreciate it!! Good luck in the drawing, take care, Riki

carlanda brown williamson said...

i gifted this collage to debbie ellerd when we met!