I must say my day started wonderfully, with a shared conversation between the always lovely Joanne Rose and myself. If she is not the sweetest, kindest, kindred spirit sister I have, I'll eat Phyllis' new hats! Thank you Joanne. You inspire me and I admire you! xo
Today had some funny moments I would like to share with you. I went to Las Vegas to get groceries at Trader Joe's and use my Joanns and Hobby Lobby coupons. I was so pleased to see that Joanns is making a large section with Tim Holtz products. They are expanding their jewelry section and carrying vintaj elements, but sadly they are downsizing their fine art section. I got some 2 oz jars of liquitex concentrated professional acrylic paints for $1.97 ea. on clearance and some flat canvases. Lots of coupons and some good deals. Then went to Hobby Lobby and FINALLY they had Jen Cushman's book "Explore, Create, Resinate". Used my 40% off (or... as some husbands say "60% on) coupon. Deal! I would love to save for a nice big easel. Hmmmm....maybe for Christmas! My little 8x10" canvases will look just swell on a big ole easel!! Then I went to Trader Joe's. I had my cart full of healthy, organic stuff and I notice this lady, about my age looking at me. Is she looking at those bags under my eyes?? She comes really close and in a low voice says "you look like you know your way around this store, can you tell me about the fruit?" THE FRUIT?? I said I buy it all the time and it is fine. She smiled and thanked me and left. Bizarro! Maybe I looked like I knew my way around the store from the size of my butt! Then I headed back to Boulder City with the 108 degree temp. Here I sit needing to make some phone calls and do some painting, but...there is always tomorrow!
1. I saw a sign in a strip mall for "great massages". What is the alternative? Bad massages?
2. A sign for a business called "Pretty Kitty", a brazilian wax joint!! LOL! Wish I could have snapped a picture with my phone. I will the next time by there.
3. The expiration date on the vinegar. Really? And how do you know it has gone bad? It smells good?
Also a miraculous day for me.
1. I didn't buy a tootsie roll at Joanns on the way out. (probably a first!)
2. I didn't stop and get a bean burrito at Taco Bell. (maybe another first)
3. I spent less than $100.00 at Trader Joe's!
Collaged and painted on 8x10" canvas
If you are still hanging in there reading this, what did you do on this fabulous Friday? I'd love to hear from you. Have a great weekend and enjoy life. As my favorite saying goes.......Live the life you've imagined. xo